Since staying home I also had to switch from my absolute favorite department store mascara Lancome's hypnose to a more budget friendly choice. After a few purchases I found my new favorite! Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express. It has all the things I love and I get the look I want for half the price and can be found at the drugstore on the corner.
Most mascara ads are all about the mascara and getting you the look you want. Well, having taken art in high school I know that what you are painting makes a difference. If I add mascara, no matter how wonderful, to my straight lashes, my lashes will still be straight but with mascara on them. So I am going to talk about something called "lift". I like lashes that appear to be longer than they are by using my whole lash. I have used many eyelash curlers to try to give a little curl to my straight eyelashes. Not all curlers are created equal. Below is an example of my eyelashes using the Shisheido eyelash curler and the Cover Girl eyelash curler and an image of both of the curlers.
The orbit area of the Shisheido curler is wider and it's arc isn't as dramatic.
Here is an example of using both eyelash curlers.
Shisheido eyelash curler Eye Cover Girl Eyelash Curler Eye
You can see the difference before I even apply the mascara.
When I apply my mascara I apply to the very tip first and then work from the root out. I work on one eye at a time and do two coats of mascara. In the picture above I have only used the mascara wand that comes with the mascara, no extra combing or brushing to separate my lashes. Needless to say, I am converted and happy to have found a less expensive substitute that I can afford as well as get the desired results I want. I am a huge fan and hope that this helps you save some money as introduce you to such a fantastic product.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment or question.